D.G. Liu Wins Design Award
The National Association of Home Builders held their annual CotY 2010 Awards Competition in October and D.G. Liu Contractor, Inc. was named Merit Winner for best residential addition under $250K.
Design and build an attached, two-car garage with space above for future use and a portico to accent the entrance.
Tony & Kathy Fitch
Williamsburg Village, Olney, MD
We had a list of goals for this project and a limited budget...
1. Remove a large in-ground swimming pool from the back yard during foundation work.
2. Add a two car garage that would fit the Williamsburg style of our neighborhood and
have enough space for a workbench and storage.
3. We also wanted space above the garage that could later be finished as a bedroom.
4. We have always liked our house but never cared for how the front door sat in the
corner of the facade.
5. Improve curb appeal for resale value.
Our DGL designer listened to our goals and thoughts, took lots of measurements and felt one of the first things we should do is have a survey of the property done so we would know exactly how much space we had to deal with. Once the survey was complete, DGL showed us drawings of their proposed design, we added our input, the design was refined and we gave the go-ahead to start the permit process.
In the end, all of our goals were met or exceeded! The DGL crew was a pleasure to work with, the project went smoothly and it was fun seeing it go from drawing to awesome completion.